Parental supervision is recommended
Walk tall with this juice can stilt craft that provides hours of fun and physical activity for kids.
What you'll need:
- 2 large (about 64 ounce) juice cans (unopened)
- Hand bottle/can opener (with the triangular end)
- 2 long pieces of rope
- Heavy-duty scissors (for cutting the rope)
- Various colors of electrical tape or various colors of paint and paintbrush
How to make it:
- Use the bottle/can opener to punch two holes in either side of one can towards the top. (see photo)
- Repeat with other juice can.
- Let the juice drain out of the cans (save it in a pitcher, container, etc.). Rinse out the cans with water and allow them to air dry.
- Cut two pieces of rope long enough to go through the holes in the can and up to your child's hands to hold on to.
- Thread each piece of rope through the holes in the cans.
- Tie the two ends of each piece of rope together. You should have a loop of rope going through each can that is long enough so your child can hold onto the rope as handles.
- Use the scissors to cut the different colors of electrical tape and decorate the cans. You can also use the paint to decorate them.
You will need help from an adult or adult to punch the holes in the juice cans and cut the rope.