Homemade Dog Biscuits
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 tbsp. fat (vegetable oil, shortening, or bacon grease)
- 3/4 cup liquid (broth, leftover gravy, or water with a bouillon cube dissolved in it)
- 3 tbsp. dry milk powder
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- After preheating your oven to 325 degrees you should combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes until thoroughly mixed.
- You can either roll the dough out in an 11 X 15 pan or use cookie cutters to divide it into shapes. (A bone cookie cutter is great for Halloween or dog biscuits.)
- Bake the treats for one hour then turn off the oven. Let them crisp up inside the still-warm oven for 30 minutes and then cool them on a rack.
Your two-legged friends will be sure to love these treats and your four-legged friends will love them even more.
Melissa Crossman blogs on behalf of Sears and other quality brands. She enjoys crafting and cooking her way to a cheerful holiday season.