Saving water is not just for eco-people anymore. Its for people who know that saving hot water means saving all types of moola ...
So you wanna be budget wise and eco friendly? Then follow my ...
TOP 10 HOT WATER MONEY SAVINGS TIPS
- Install water-saving showerheads.Take shorter showers too.
- Use the minimum amount of water needed for a bath by closing the drain first and filling the tub only 1/2 full.
- Lower the thermostat on your water heater; water heaters sometimes come from the factory with high temperature settings, but a setting of 120°F provides comfortable hot water for most uses.
- Insulate your electric hot-water storage tank, natural gas or oil hot-water storage tank - but be careful not to cover the water heater's top, bottom, thermostat, or burner compartment . Follow the manufacturer's recommendations.
- Insulate the first 6 feet of the hot and cold water pipes connected to the water heater.
- Fix leaky faucets and plumbing joints.
- Retrofit all wasteful household faucets by installing aerators with flow restrictors.
- Run only full loads in the washing machine and dishwasher.
- Run washing machine and dishwasher with cold water.
- Soak pots and pans instead of letting the water run while you scrape them clean.
Watercheck.biz, WaterMan Blog