Mac And Cheese Beef Pot Pie Recipe
By CookEatShare Cookbook
Cost per recipe $10.21
- 2 frzn pie crusts
- 1 box macaroni and cheese
- 1/4 c. lowfat milk (or possibly to taste)
- 1/4 c. butter (or possibly to taste)
- 19 ounce can chunky beef soup or possibly stew
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Home made pot pie has never been so easy! And the flavorful mac and cheese topping adds another dimension to this dish. The basic recipe makes 2 individually sized pot pies - sufficient for 2 big eaters, or possibly 4 smaller appetites. It's not hard - really, it's not!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.Thaw pie crusts 15 min. Make the macaroni and cheese according to box directions, or possibly your favorite variation.
- While macaroni is cooking, heat soup in a saucepan. After thawing shells, press each carefully into an individual size oven-proof bowl or possibly soufflé pan, smoothing it out and patching any cracks.
- Cut off excess around edges. Pour soup into pie shell.
- Carefully place spoonfuls of macaroni and cheese on top of pie, covering it evenly. Scatter cheddar cheese on top of the pie.
- Bake 35 min, or possibly till cheese is melted and starting to brown.
- Chicken or possibly turkey pot pie: Substitute a different filling. You can use any thick and chunky style canned soup or possibly stew.Thicker filling: If you prefer a thicker filling, there are two approaches. A) Boil the soup over low heat to reduce it, stirring occasionally. B) Use a slotted spoon to put the soup chunks into the pie crusts. Cover with as much of the sauce as you like.
- Family size pot pie: Use one deep dish pie crust and make a 9" pie. Follow rest of recipe as normal.
- Added top crust: Use a second frzn pie shell for the top crust. Let it thaw 15 min, roll it to flatten, place on top of the filled pie, and crimp edges to seal. Cut slits in the top crust, and brush with lightly beaten egg white before baking.
- Serves 2 to 4.