Oven Dried Sweet Potato Dog Chews
Recipe by Happy Healthy Homemaker
1+ fresh raw sweet potato
1 baking sheet with parchment paper
1. Wash the sweet potatoes and leave the peels on.
2. Slice the sweet potatoes lengthwise into approximately ¼ inch thick slices.
3. Place the sweet potato slices on the cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in a 250 degree oven for two hours. (Do NOT season.)
4. Turn potato slices over and bake for two more hours (less if you want them chewy instead of crisp).
5. Remove the dried sweet potatoes slices from the oven and allow them to cool completely before giving this treat to your pooch.
Store the dried sweet potato chews in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Healthy and inexpensive treat.
Photo by Happy Healthy Homemaker