Lemon Eucalyptus Mosquito Repellent
- Ingredients: Lemon eucalyptus oil and sunflower oil or witch hazel
- Cost: $9.50 for 8 oz. of lemon eucalyptus oil (can be purchased on Amazon.com)
- Directions: Mix 1 part lemon eucalyptus oil for every 10 parts of sunflower oil/witch hazel. Rub or spray on skin.
Lavender Mosquito Repellent
- Ingredients: Fresh lavender (the flower)
- Cost: Free (if you have lavender growing in your yard); otherwise Home Depot sells the plant for about $12
Rub a lavender flower behind your ears, wrists and neck. Not only will you smell great but mosquitoes will leave you alone.Recipe from Garden Mandy
Vanilla Mosquito Repellent
- Ingredients: Vanilla extract
- Cost: Less than $5 at grocery store
Apply some vanilla extract or vanilla essence to your pulse points.