Tired of paying for hand sanitizer? Then, grab a few ingredients, and make your own!
Time Required: 15 minutes or less
Homemade Hand Sanitizer Recipe
- 1/4 c. aloe vera gel (as pure as you can get)
- 3/4 c. rubbing alcohol (at least 65%)
- essential oil
- Mix the aloe vera and Isopropyl alcohol together until well blended.
- Add 8-10 drops of essential oil to the mixture for fragrance (if desired), and stir well.
- Pour the finished hand sanitizer into an empty container and seal.
Contains 65% Alcohol
- Many essential oils like tea tree oil and lavender have antibacterial properties. Use one of these to boost the germ-zapping power of your hand sanitizer.
- Save the bottles from store-bought hand sanitizer, and refill them again and again.
- A little goes a long way with this recipe. Once applied, just rub your hands together until the moisture evaporates and the stickiness vanishes.
By Erin Huffstetler, About.com Guide