- -4 cups old fashioned oats (Gluten-Free if needed)
- -1 cup honey (use agave for vegan)
- -3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- -1/2 cup peanuts
- -optional, 3 T TriMix (1 T Wheat Germ, 1 T Wheat Bran, 1 T Oat Bran) omit for G-F
- -optional, 1 T ground flax seed
- -optional, 1/4 cup peanut butter or chocolate chips
- Grease the bottom and sides 9x13 pan well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients VERY well in a bowl. Use an electric mixer if possible like a Kitchen Aid Mixer.
- Mash the granola bars into the pan well. This is the most important step!! If you don't mash it, they won't hold together well. We use a potato masher to solidify this peanut butter goodness.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until the edges barely start browning.
- Cool for 10 minutes, and cut into bars.
- Store in a cool dry place for up to a month.