Sunday, September 30, 2012

No Flour (Black Bean) Brownies - gluten-free

No Flour (Black Bean) Brownies
http://practical-stewardship.com

Ingredients
  • 1-15.5 oz. can black beans, WELL-RINSED and drained
  • 3 eggs (update 4/23/12-I now use 2 eggs and it still comes out great!)
  • 2 T butter (I used the coconut oil, too)
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 dash of salt
  • 2 T vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup honey (I've also used organic sugar)
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional (I like it with nuts better, myself:)
  • 1/4-1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, optional
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Blend all ingredients except the chocolate chips and nuts in a high powered blender (I don't know, but I am guessing a food processor would work, too).
  3. Grease an 8x8 baking pan.
  4. Pour batter in the pan.
  5. Top with walnuts and chocolate chips if you wish.
  6. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until a toothpick can come out of the middle clean (if you use chocolate chips, this may not happen since they melt in the oven).

No comments:

Post a Comment