By: By Teresa Port for Krylon
Instead of throwing away your empty 2-liter soda bottles, recycle them into these fun pumpkin luminaries to light up your Halloween this year, from Krylon.
- Krylon Fusion for Plastic® - Pumpkin (Safety)
- Krylon Fusion for Plastic® - Sunbeam (#2330)
- Two 2-liter empty plastic soda bottles
- Con-Tact® Paper
- Xacto® knife
- Adhesive remover
- 2 candles
- Paper towels
- Rubber Gloves (optional)
- Peel label from empty plastic soda bottle. Use adhesive remover and a paper towel to remove any residue.
- Wash soda bottles thoroughly; let dry completely.
- Using Xacto knife, carefully cut off top of bottle. Cut a half-circle out of the back, near the bottom; this will make it easier to add the sand and the candle.
- Draw facial features on contact paper and cut out. Adhere features to the soda bottle, being careful to firmly seal edges with fingernail.
- Cover work area with newspaper. Spray soda bottles with Krylon Fusion – one with Pumpkin Orange and the other with Sunbeam. Let dry for 3 hours.
- When completely dry, carefully peel off contact paper features. (Note: Krylon Fusion will be dry to touch after 15 minutes but should be allowed to cure for at least 24 hours before the luminaries are put into service.)
- Add sand to base for weight and insert candle. Light and enjoy.
Read more at http://www.favecrafts.com