Monday, January 30, 2012

"Fake" Clorox Cleanup

"Fake" Clorox Cleanup, 2 Cents/Bottle!



I've been meaning to try this recipe that I found on Thrifty Fun for DIY Clorox Cleanup. My bottle finally ran out tonight, so I figured I'd give it a go!

Credit

I changed the recipe slightly since the original called for combining Dish Detergent with Bleach and that is a big No-No. For some reason, many Dish Detergents contain Ammonia, and combining Bleach with Ammonia can literally kill you with a toxic fume. YIKES!

It's best to stick with chemicals that you know are OK to combine, like Laundry Detergent and Bleach. Those are made to go together in the washing machine!

Fake Clorox Cleanup
1 Empty and Rinsed-Out Bottle of Clorox Cleanup/Empty Plastic Spray Bottle
1/4 Cup Bleach
1 Teaspoon Laundry Detergent
Fill the rest of the bottle with Water and Shake!

Just like my other Fake Cleaners, this one is mostly water, too. Doesn't it just make you crazy that we are all paying too much money for what is mostly water?

money down the drain
Credit
To make this, I picked up a gallon jug of Bleach at the Dollar Tree, so with 16 Cups to a Gallon, that one jug could potentially make 64 Bottles* of Fake Clorox Cleanup! WOW! The laundry detergent I had on hand, of course.

The Fake-It Yourself Breakdown:

Fake Clorox Cleanup (Bleach, $1.00/Gallon, Laundry Detergent, negligible)

Total Fake-It Cost: $0.02/Bottle

Compare to Real Clorox Cleanup: $4.99

Total Fake-It Savings: $4.97

*Just For Fun: 64 Bottles of Fake Clorox Cleanup: $1.00,
64 Bottles of Real Clorox Cleanup: $319.36,
Total Savings: $318.36 Wow! Isn't that incredible?
Thank you to FakeItFrugal.blogspot.com for this post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment