Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Homemade Shampoo & Body Wash For Men

 



This morning my husband informed me that he is almost out of his conventional shampoo & body wash. Hooray!!! That means it's time to replace it with a good ol' homemade product void of nasty chemicals and questionable ingredients... I love experiments!

Since I have not made a homemade version of body cleaner for him before, I decided to make a small amount of the following recipe & re-purpose an adorable empty travel shampoo container. If he likes it, I can always make more!

Homemade Shampoo & Body Wash
1.5 tbsp liquid castille soap (I used peppermint scented)
1.5 tbsp boiled water
1/2 tsp castor oil
8 drops tea tree essential oil

Combine all ingredients in a glass bowl and stir until mixed well, then place in your bottle of choice (I used a little funnel because it made it easy). It smells heavenly!

My husband has naturally oily, acne prone skin. The castor oil should help with the oily skin (same as with the oil cleansing method) as well as the acne & the tea tree essential oil should help with the acne, too. If your man doesn't have oily and/or acne prone skin, you could leave out the castor oil & tea tree oil.

This only made about 1.5 oz of product, but it was the perfect amount to fit into my little bottle and use as a tester. I assume that hubby will get at least a weeks worth of use out of this little bottle. I will let you all know how it goes!

To make an 8 oz bottle, try this:
1/4 cup liquid castille soap
1/4 cup boiled water
1 1/4 tsp castor oil
20 drops tea tree oil

If you try this, let me know how you & your man like it!
As posted by Faithful Womanhood on www.faithfulwomanhood.com

No comments:

Post a Comment