Oatmeal Soap RecipeIf you have leftover soap slivers in the bathtub or sink, you can recycle them into this yummy new soap! Oatmeal has proven moisturizing benefits.
- Gather these ingredients: 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup small soap pieces, 1 and 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil, 1 tablespoon water
- Put the soap slivers in a plastic bag and pound them into small chunks.
- Put chunks in a blender, add the oatmeal and pulse until grainy.
- Pour into a bowl and add the oil and water.
- Mix with your hands, removing any remaining bigger chunks of soap.
- Shape the mixture into a ball and let sit until hard, about two hours.
- Be sure to wash the blender thoroughly to remove the soap residue.
From The Old Farmer's Almanac (almanac.com)