Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How to Make Pore Strips

by Allison for petitelefant.com


You know those Biore pore strips you buy at the drugstore for about $12 a pop? Yeah, those. Today I’m going to teach you how to make your own homemade pore strips.
Are you here from StumbleUpon? Thanks so much for visiting! If you like what you see, I have plenty more where this came from. Use the FOLLOW US buttons on my blog to subscribe! THANK YOU!
pore strips
Why? Because:
  1. I’m obsessed with beauty products
  2. I’m obsessed with cheap
  3. Homemade {mostly} = cheap. Mostly.
  4. Cheap Beauty = HAPPY Allison
Ready? Ready.







make your own pore strips


Pore Strips Ingredients:
  • 1 Tablespoon Unflavored Gelatin
  • 1 1/2- 2 Tablespoons Milk {any kind}
Dudes, 2 ingredients and your pores will look like magic. What’s not to love?
pore strips
  1. Measure 1 Tablespoon of unflavored gelatin into a disposable container {if you put say, green jell-o on your face, there might be trouble}
  2. Add 1-2 Tablespoons of milk into the gelatin
  3. Until it looks like this
  4. Mix it up, and be quick about it, until you get a chunky consistency. Add more milk if you’re uncomfortable with the amount of chunk.
Microwave the gelatin for about 10-15 seconds. It will get creamier in the microwave. Stir that around and start applying it IMMEDIATELY to your face. This stuff hardens up fast so you’ve got to act fast.
pre-pore strip
This is pre-pore strip. Wash your face before you apply.
pore strip
I chose to put the stuff all over my face because I have thirty-year-old acne. You can put it wherever your little heart desires. You need to act fast though, because this stuff turns to gelatin pronto. I know I’ve said that three times already, but I really mean it.
homemade facialSmokin’.
Let it dry for about 15+ minutes. I waited longer, but you’ll know it’s time when you can’t talk for fear of breaking something.
pore strips
Grab whatever you can and start peeling. This is the gross/fun part.
yuck
It’s a good thing you can’t see the photo all that well. Do this until you’re all peeled and your face will feel like a baby’s bottom.
Clean, practically hairless, with clean, dirt-free pores.


2 comments:

  1. I wonder if you could spread this on wax paper and let it dry, and then re-moisten and apply like you do with the store strips. Then I would not feel bad if I only wanted to do my nose and not waste the rest.

    ReplyDelete